Saturday, September 7, 2013

First Post

So the idea was to have a place - to write about before , during and after the journey to Africa. 
I don't expect to be able to communicate / blog a lot on the trip but the idea is that this will serve as a place to stay connected to all of you who have been an amazing support group , and who the Lord has used as a huge source of encouragement.  The ways in which the Lord has provided for this trip and made it possible still blows me away. 
So here we are roughly 9 days out before I leave. 
Today I got outfitted with a pair of lovely keens from my parents - i'm pretty pumped about them. Keen's maybe the least attractive shoes ever but they are pretty awesome. 
I also got the amazing gift of a hiking backpack - the bag i was planning on taking was majorly weighed down - heavy , and just didn't seem to carry right - was so awkward. I'm really not taking much - bare necessities. This new bag will hold it all nicely and will more evenly distribute the weight which i was sorely lacking. I'm thrilled and so uber grateful for this provision. 

So this weekend : it's Celtic fest - the hubs and i have been going together for the past 10 years - it's always a favorite and the last two he's worked - So this afternoon I'll load up the kids and we'll spend the afternoon evening there. They have this dance tonight - a Ceili - it's always a blast - so we'll dance - a perfect time and place to break in the new keens. 

I'm going to try to spend the next week blogging - daily - hopefully- about what's to come - sharing - it maybe a song - or just a word - or scripture - but i'll try to share as much as I can before I leave. 

So thank you 
Thank you for reading - for caring to type in an address in the search bar or click on a link. 
For supporting 
For your prayers. 
For the encouragement. 
For just walking along side. 

thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment