It rained yesterday . Out of no where.
I know - you're thinking so what.
Well I had been praying for rain. I just wanted one good proper rain storm . dark skies. rain falling
I just wanted to run outside and dance in it . stand in it. bask in it. enjoy it fully.
But it's been dry and hot - September is one of the hottest months ever and always in MS.
New Tribes actually has a tribal training area in MS that is used to prepare people for tribal living - because it's always so stinkin hot and humid here. Don't get me wrong I love Ms - i love the south. It's humidity and all - i wouldn't trade it. But it hadn't rained in weeks.
And September in Malawi is supposedly their dryiest time.
If you've ever seen the movie big fish there is this scene where the main character is in the bath tub fully clothed - his wife walks in and he says "i was all dried out"
I feel that way from time to time - this was one of them - i ached for rain.
and the Lord brought me rain - a proper rain. dark skies and falling heavy cold rain.
It was fabulous - i dropped what i was doing and ran
in the middle of my garden. Z ran out after me - to join me in this joyful time.
We danced. We stood, we twirled. We opened our mouths to drink it in.
We played and stomped.
We got fully drenched.
We enjoyed his gift.
His creation.
My heart was full of thanksgiving and worship.
It was a sweet sweet gift.
I've prayed for rain in Africa - I wanna dance in it there too.
No comments:
Post a Comment