4 more full days with the family.
4
I hadn't been counting - i stopped counting after 9 or 8 days.
I knew the weekend was coming
But last night as we laid in bed the number came up
and that stretched out feeling
that underlying nerves feeling - i can't even describe it - it crept back up. it had been gone
With everything - the baby steps and the field trip - these special words that the lord uses to remind me - i find myself in situations or places in time going ok lord what do you have for me today - what do you have to show me? my parents are out of town and i'm watching after their boston terrier pups. One of which has a million health issues and only one eye. This morning i get up early get in the car and head over. I'm greeted upon entering the house with a nice surprise - the cyclopes dog has peed in his bowl and poo is everywhere - the walls the floor - when he gets out the cage it is falling off of him a nice trail to the back door- i've only been awake 10 minutes.
I'm outside turning on the hose to give said dog a bath and as i'm standing there i just go really lord? this is what you have for me right now ? to start the day off this??? why ? of all things this ?
what normally is a 15-20 trip has turned into a 50 minute trip - calling david to alert him and ask him to help get riley ready. Back at the house it's clean up as best as i can as quickly as i can. On top of all this cyclopes won't take his medicine either. I'm feeling defeated by this one eyed metal jawed 10 year old black and white dog. i don't wanna force him to take the medicine because it's obvious he doesn't feel good - and he's anxious - you see my parents just got back from a trip and are now gone again. I'm starting to think this dog has made himself sick . That he is so anxious and worked up and can't take that my dad isn't there that he's just got ibs. I went back later this am to take the trash out - with all the disgustingness in it , check on the dog again - no improvement- and try to clean up some more - i tried to clean the bowl but it honestly needs a good hand washing and at this point in the day i have kids with me - kids that well cyclopes doesn't like tiny people - he puts up with him but you can tell it puts him on edge - it upsets his environment or some junk . so i can't take em in at this point i don't wanna risk adding to his pain and unease. so we are back at this question - why
I started to continue to ask the lord why this - why now - why today -
If you hadn't gathered yet my parents love this dog - more specifically my dad. it's his dog. he's had eye surgery , he has had a metal plate put in because he broke his jaw. he has seizures and is on pain meds , his eye is acting up so he's got eye drops now . and then there's some other pill he has to take not sure what that one's for. Needless to say they love him and they've invested - you invest your time , your money in what you love.
So as i clean poo off the walls and floor and try to save some seriously disgusting towels and comfort cyclopes. I figure , I begin to see it as , a way to love my parents - to show them love in this simple act of taking care of their dog. I think i'm gonna have to hand wash that bowl........
Can i tangibly show my parents the love of christ through this . I think so
I hope so .
I hope they see something - I hope they see him. In the little details
Here's hoping i can clean that kennel get it put back together and all before they get home - all in a fairly quick amount of time with children in the car looking on.
It's the field trip he has me on for the day.
Now to count it all Joy - and with thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment